Zelda: Magic Keys

PJC92

Posted Image

Progress: 49%

Description:

Hey everyone, I started this cause I got bored and plus I wanted to announce this fan-game I've been working for way over a year now called Zelda: Magic Keys. Magic Keys is currently being developed by using a program called Zelda Classic. I've been making test run Zelda fan games with ZC for years since I was a young teen adolescent. So I have some good experience with program. During those years of experience, I at one time used to attempt to work on making a three quest Zelda fan-game called Zelda: Ancient Master Sword. It was supposed to be a Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass sequel. The three quests that were supposed piece together to form into the one whole game had their own titles as well. The threes quests part of AMS were called Vaati's Revenge, Vaati's Havoc of Darkness, and Chaos of Ganon. I always wanted to make a fan sequel to WW and PH so that's why I attempt make AMS but unfortunately, the fan game didn't succeed. However when Spirit Tracks came around, I saw hope for myself to be able to make a new and more better fan game with ZC. That's when the Magic Keys fan concept stepped in to play. So here I am working on Magic Keys with ZC 2.5. I use a 2.5 build for ZC cause Magic Keys is supposed to be advanced from any original classic Zelda.

Anyways if anyone who has experience with ZC or ZC 2.5 that wants to help, please feel free to ask me. All you will need is:

1) Zelda Classic 2.5 Build 1296 which can be downloaded from shardstorm.com

2) Some experience with programming

3) Sprite Designing experience

4) Scripting experience(optional)

That's pretty much it.

Magic Keys Team:

PJC92 - Leader, Main creator, programmer, and designer of the fan game

Screenshots:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Trailers:

Downloads:

*Coming Soon*

Do you -have- to have NES textures?

For now yeah. I see nothing wrong with the NES graphic style anyways, it seems to fit.

A Link to the Past textures would be better, but it's your game... I'll play it either way, I'd just enjoy it more with ALttP textures.

I have thought about using better graphics such as ALttP graphics type style but the two problems with that are that I'm lazy when it comes to designing sprites and that the way program was set up is that any graphics used has to work right with the right palettes and stuff which I'm also lazy when it that as well. The only I can use better graphics for the fan game is if someone can help me with that.

I like it! I don't care if it's NES Zelda, on the contrary, I'm glad it is, it's different and new!

I'm glad you like it. :P

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hate being the rain on a parade, but I think the perspective of the pillars at the dungeon walls is off? Shouldn't they be slanted depending on their position on the screen, like the doors?

...and yay, the first thing I mention is something that's wrong, instead of praising the trailer - for example, the nice graphics and good level design. I'm a mean moron, huh?

I hate being the rain on a parade, but I think the perspective of the pillars at the dungeon walls is off? Shouldn't they be slanted depending on their position on the screen, like the doors?

...and yay, the first thing I mention is something that's wrong, instead of praising the trailer - for example, the nice graphics and good level design. I'm a mean moron, huh?

I don't really see anything wrong with the pillars but you're kinda right though. Though I don't have any plans on fixing that anytime soon. Besides, it's my first fan game anyways.

The colors on the overworld screenshots clash a bit IMO, mainly on the rocky walls, but besides that, looking good!

Also, as for what I mentioned:

Posted Image

This image is also pretty off, but it illustrates my point. If you could change the pillar's perspective to be more like this, I think it would look even better.

The colors on the overworld screenshots clash a bit IMO, mainly on the rocky walls, but besides that, looking good!

Also, as for what I mentioned:

Posted Image

This image is also pretty off, but it illustrates my point. If you could change the pillar's perspective to be more like this, I think it would look even better.

I'll see what I can do.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.