Custom GPU plugin?

Сʀɪ�ѕ�ɴ

Question

Like I mentioned earlier in my last post, I've been playing Oot recently with High Quality textures, but there are a few problems.

1) I want to play the game with HQ textures AND with the aspect ratio hack of Jabo's plugin.

2) I would like to play the game with the "Bloom" shader, but it crashes all of my emulators.

3) Rice's plugin messes up the pause menu, badly. Sometimes it takes forever to load, most of the time the menu's glitched really bad.

4) I like to be able to choose "32-bit signed" in the "Depth Buffer Type" option under the Direct X tab of Rice's plugin. ( Because I have an Intel chip and some textures don't load )

I heard that the URA team is going to release a custom emulator and possibly a custom GPU plugin? Is this true?

For the most part, what I'm trying to ask here is:

Is there a GPU plugin that is basically Mudlord's Rice Video Build 6.1.4 / 6.1.3 - DX9 WITH the Bloom shader and Aspect Ratio hack built in? ( As well as the option to load HQ Textures. )

Would you need a special emulator to use such a GPU plugin?

*Note: I've always used Project64, but Mupen64 is starting to grow on me, and I'm not a big fan of 1964.

4 answers to this question

Short answer: There is no plugin that can do all of that at the same time. Glide64 will accomplish the most of your desires though.

Long answer:

1. To have hi-res textures and the aspect ratio hack: the newest version of Glide64 would be your best bet. (It's the best video plugin in many people's eyes. It's the best video plugin in my eyes specifically because of this feature.)

2. If the bloom feature crashes your emulators, and your using the correct plugins and setup to have it running, your graphics card (most likely) doesn't support the shaders. Or you do have something setup correctly. Try a different emulator first. There is only one plugin that supports DirectX 9 shaders and it's an out-dated version of Rice's to my knowledge. (I'm not completely sure about that, as of now. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.)

3. Switch to Glide and have the menu delay fix cheat enabled to fix this problem. I don't know the game-shark code but someone does I'm sure of it.

4. I'm not sure if Glide64 supports 32-bit signed Depth Buffer type but I have an intel chip and I still find less missing textures with Glide than I do with Rice's when it's in 32-bit signed.

Is there a GPU plugin that is basically Mudlord's Rice Video Build 6.1.4 / 6.1.3 - DX9 WITH the Bloom shader and Aspect Ratio hack built in? ( As well as the option to load HQ Textures. )

Would you need a special emulator to use such a GPU plugin?

*Note: I've always used Project64, but Mupen64 is starting to grow on me, and I'm not a big fan of 1964.

No (almost certain), No (pretty sure), and 1964 is nice. Some emulators don't support some video plugins with my experience though. And to your URA question, someone on the URA project team will have to answer that. If I missed anything, someone fix it for me. Hope this helps you TheCrimson.

I personally haven't heard much beyond what you guys have from Zeth concerning a custom emulator/plugin for the project. If we choose to go with external hardware (or emulation of it) to support mp3 playback of songs, then yes, we will most likely need to customize an emulator to do so.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.