Shocking News: Zelda Boss Eiji Aonuma Has Never Completed The Original Legend Of Zelda

dekupk5

Words from Eiji Aonuma:

"I’ve never actually finished it," Aonuma said. He elaborated:

"I almost feel like there’s still no game more difficult than it. Every time I try to play it I end up getting 'Game Over' a few too many times and giving up partway through. Certainly after playing the original Zelda for the first time, I didn’t ever think that I wanted to make a game like that."

Could this be the cause of why Zelda games accused by many have been a little bit too linear after MajorasMask?

You guys haven't beaten Zelda 1 and most haven't beaten Zelda 2? I actually did finish both, and attempted a NDR of both :D

Zelda 1 was really not all that bad, as long as you picked up the heart containers as soon as they became available, and NEVER get the damn potion. I died I think 6 times, which is okay, I guess.

Zelda 2, on the other hand, was hard UP until the final (and I mean the real last enemy you fight) boss. I sort of liked the RPGness of the title, too. What I don't understand is how people can do NDR's of it with lvl 1 attack D:

I may pick up Zelda II to do again, I do own an actual cartridge :D

I beat Zelda 1 on Wii's Virtual software, but I didn't go back and do the harder level. I played Zelda 2, but I was like "screw this, it ain't even top down, and the 1v1 battles are impossible." I've played most of the more modern Zeldas, probably starting from ALttP for the GBA onward, except for SS and OoT3D, which I lack the systems for.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.