Pause menu problems

Lishy

Question

Hey guys. As many of you know, pause menu in OoT debug is INCREDIBLY messy, as it takes an incredibly long time to load. Is there any way to fix this? Any patches as of yet?

Additionally, PJ64 1.7 crashes when it gets the so called "graphic error" notification you sometimes get when pausing while using Jabo's graphics plugin. How does I fix this? It is annoying to constantly savestate in fear of it crashing. Hell, sometimes I even get Blue Screens...

Whatever is fastest so long as it doesn't look absolutely horrendous. I *do* enjoy being able to see debug screen printing, though (map select, time display etc). I'm not into configuring GFX plugins, I think Zeth made a thread a while back which had a tutorial on how to configure Rice video.

Alright, well I seemed to be using a near flawless 1964 video plugin. Only configuration made was enabling THEHM emulation (Or whatever it's called.), and it enables debug options too!

However, there's still no dirt roads. Does nobody really care about it, or are they something people will be using in hacks? It's a shame not to be able to emulate ocarina of time to its fullest...

The other problem is Nemu's flickering at the bottom right. It's way too distracting! Any way to fix that?

edit: 120 mesh is b0rked. Same with Temple of Time! The sound is also echoing too much. Normal..?

edit 2: Rice's plugin with tmem emulation enabled behaves the EXACT same way! Any way to fix this? In particular, the mesh of lights and the seizure-inducing flickering at the bottom right?

Also, one more thing I can think of related to DX and OGL: If all else fails, at least Rice in version 6.1.x should have one "Combiner Type" option for each. Try "For Low End Video Cards" or one of the "Limited x stage" options for DX or "OpenGL 1.4" or lower for OGL. This might help, but I can't say for sure; maybe those just make everything else worse.

The only graphic problems I ever get with OoT - excluding the unfixed Debug ROM - is that the 8x8 debug text, ex. on the Map Select, shows up as garbage with some plugins or settings (Full TMEM emulation disabled, I believe?). Everything else is perfect, no matter which machine or reasonably modern plugin I use - my desktop (Radeon HD 5450 graphics), current laptop (Mobility Radeon HD 4570), even my old laptop (an ancient Mobility Radeon 7500). Your graphics chipset being the culprit is pretty much the only explanation left.

Late to reply but

Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.0)

Subscreen delay fix

801DA5CB 0002

Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.1)

Subscreen delay fix

801DA78B 0002

Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.2)

Subscreen delay fix

801DAE8B 0002

Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (E) (V1.0)

Subscreen delay fix

801D860B 0002

Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (E) (V1.1)

Subscreen delay fix

801D864B 0002

Zelda no Densetsu - Toki no Ocarina (J)

Subscreen delay fix

801DA5CB 0002

Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time Master Quest

Subscreen delay fix

801D8F4B 0002

This fixes the subscreen delay for all these versions, perhaps using these codes you guys can make a Debug version, I couldn't find it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.