Abandoned places

xdaniel

I've never been to one, but read about abandoned places over and over again, especially those in Japan - from just single houses, over amusement parks to whole towns, there are so many abandoned places there. One particular place I was just reminded of again by Tiny Cartridge, the ghost town of Nichitsu, after having read about it some time back. What I hadn't really noticed before, tho, were some of the things the previous inhabitants left just there...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Also, photos 5, 6 and 7 on here: http://www.haikyo.or...tsu-ghost-town/

Just why didn't they take that stuff with them? I mean, judging from some other photos of the room with the Saturn in it, that must've been a fan of games, anime and the like, an otaku basically, and those of all people should be more attached to belongings like this... I know I am! If I'd ever get there, despite that ideal of leaving those places alone and not removing or destroying things there, I would take that Saturn and the games and give it a new home, maybe even that PC-9801.

Hell, there is (or was) still a memory card in the console and disc 3 of Policenauts in the drive!

I find it funny when people say not to touch/take any of "their" belongings. I put quotes on their, because, the stuff isn't their's anymore. They left it, it's all up for taking now.

If I was there, I'd go crazy with hauling all of that stuff into a truck for myself, so just letting you know you're not the only one.

I find it funny when people say not to touch/take any of "their" belongings. I put quotes on their, because, the stuff isn't their's anymore. They left it, it's all up for taking now.

If I was there, I'd go crazy with hauling all of that stuff into a truck for myself, so just letting you know you're not the only one.

This.

• 3 weeks later...

100% agreed.

You're not the only one, I found a few abandoned houses back in the day its how I came across my entire book collection of the Chronicles of Narnia in perfect condition, an NES with duckhunt/super mario bros and Zelda 1 in really good condition as well. Its rather interesting some of the abandon places I found, its like they grabbed just clothes and left, I even found food in the cupboards and furniture. It just makes me wonder how people can just...leave like that? The places I went to were in Michigan so it wasn't like there was major disaster that happened that forced them out, they just rather disappeared.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.