What are we showing kids these days?

Tell-Tale Heart

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly disagree with this whole "Spongebob" thing. First off, its a cartoon image of a squid. There have been plenty of other cartoons aimed for kids that have been far worse. Have you ever seen Rocko's Modern Life? In one of the episodes, Rocko and Heffer go to a carnival, a stereotypical carnival at that, and one of the rides was literally called "Elevator to Hell." Used the word hell and everything. In ANOTHER episode, Heffer actually GOES to hell, though its called Heck in the episode. Honestly, political correctness has gotten us to a point where even funny parts in a movie that only adults would understand in a childs movie can't be shown anymore. Honestly, I like looking back on movies like Toy Story and seeing the adult references in them. Toy Story had a "Kiss-ass" reference within the first 10 minutes. Regardless, I laughed at the Elevator to Hell when I was 4, as well as my brother and father when I showed it to them at a later time. Of course my mom would be a little weary about it, but she didn't say I couldn't watch the show or anything. The point of a cartoon like Spongebob is meant to make the viewer laugh, and if the viewer can't laugh at it and takes it seriously, then they need to learn to get a sense of humor or just not watch the show.

But in any case, political correctness at its finest.

And besides, our true fear should only be of Australia, for this reason only.

Posted Image

This is the Randomness section, so topic hijacking is not nearly as frowned upon as it is elsewhere on the forum.

So as not to seem contradictory in my encouragement to follow the rules everywhere else, this.

Seriously, what the fuck are we exposing our children to?

Only to the thread creator possibly, but for this section, I'm personally not going to moderate any derails unless specifically asked to do so by said thread author.

EDIT: Holy crap, how could I forget this? Actually relevant--you'd think the word replacement was hardly necessary by the imposed censoring.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.