INSANITY at it's finest

Pinkie Pie

I wouldn't go that far, I've seen cult documentaries way worse than this. Now, I don't really agree with the church saying "go against the government" (I prefer separation of church and state), and they are a bit extreme. I mean, they're not trying to raise dead people and beat live children when the dead don't come back to life. But, GCN would be a rather unfair site to make fun of people for religious purposes, or autism, or if they're homo or straight, especially if it's against drama with ponies and such. Religion is the fastest way to cause drama, even faster than MLP. I'm just a bit concerned that this topic might start drama, that's all. *leaves topic*

I wouldn't go that far, I've seen cult documentaries way worse than this. Now, I don't really agree with the church saying "go against the government" (I prefer separation of church and state), and they are a bit extreme. I mean, they're not trying to raise dead people and beat live children when the dead don't come back to life. But, GCN would be a rather unfair site to make fun of people for religious purposes, or autism, or if they're homo or straight, especially if it's against drama with ponies and such. Religion is the fastest way to cause drama, even faster than MLP. I'm just a bit concerned that this topic might start drama, that's all. *leaves topic*

Which is why I'll keep a close eye on this topic, Else.

As for that woman leading the kids, my personal opinion...

shirt_vgc_trippinballs_LRG.jpg

More specifically and sensibly, I disagree with the tactics used by the camp councilors to engross the children as well as the "us-or-them" mentality they convey. Such thought is unbecoming of young children and, if you ask me, contributes to teenage violence fundamentally. Besides, the lure to their religion is little more than activities and social events tiered to appeal to their age groups. It is not development of faith and devotion so much as simple psychological tricks designed to trigger a desired response. Were the kids actually given the chance to develop to the point where they can formulate their own opinions, I would wager significant amounts of money that the vast majority of them would reject the fire and brimstone teachings portrayed in this video.

Oh, shit, Jesus Camp. The worst frikkin documentary I have ever watched in my entire life. Just everything in it was bullshit.

"I pray to God to help me get strikes in bowling!" "Thunderstorms are the work of Satan because apparently we're too stupid to believe in science!" "Harry Potter is an enemy of God!"

And those kids having "visions"? Horseshit, they've been forced into a fucking mental convulsion, and they're bursting into tears too! You're destroying their minds!

I am so fucking glad that that wretched camp was shut down after the airing of this documentary.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.