Zelda Gaiden project

Twili

I should have the OoT Link port completed for you tonight... omg Halloween release. What I said at the end of the video is "I'm doing a Zelda Gaiden restoration project. Unlike Flotonic, I'm going to release this OoT Link port. But not yet, even though you can't tell that there's anything wrong." The mod will be released in small patches instead of one big one. And, a rarity, they will be for the compressed rom.

Unfortunately, compressing the edited files resulted in them being bigger than the old Yaz0 files, so a decompressed rom is the only option. Here is OoT Link, though. For decompressed US rom.

Yes, that is the reason I started this project. https://bitbucket.org/ottehr/z64-fm/ Unfortunately it is far from complete but if you are willing to document how every [used] file in MM is pointed to I will be happy to complete the application to a point that you can insert and remove files from a compressed ROM transparently.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Really great work here. Though, I have a question:

Why so much rolling-eye emoticons in this thread? ;-;

What it looks like to me... I'm pretty sure most of those posts were editted probably by a moderator, but I'm not trying to blame anyone... cause I'm pretty sure that most of those were happy smilies last time I saw this topic.

Why? Probably because every single BRP, regardless whether it's OoT or MM, is destined to fail so people give these topics an "oh yeah, sure" attitude.

That's just what I think is happening here.

What it looks like to me... I'm pretty sure most of those posts were editted probably by a moderator, but I'm not trying to blame anyone... cause I'm pretty sure that most of those were happy smilies last time I saw this topic.

Why? Probably because every single BRP, regardless whether it's OoT or MM, is destined to fail so people give these topics an "oh yeah, sure" attitude.

That's just what I think is happening here.

Well, it sure as hell wasn't me.

EDIT:

I fixed all the emoticons back.

On-topic:

I, too, am curious how this project is going.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.