How Does The 3DS's Graphics Compare To Other Consoles?

LEepicPOULET

A lot of people are saying that the 3ds can pull of graphics as good as the Gamecube, but nothing really past it. I would disagree with that. I wouldn't say it is Xbox 360 or PS3, but it is pretty dang close!!!

Posted Image

"Picture got a little messed up when I uploaded the photo, but the left is a PS3 image and the right is 3DS"

So What do you think? Post your thoughts below :D (and please do not turn this post into a console war)

Probably a little less than Gamecube, although I don't actually own a 3DS.

The models used in OoT 3D, are lower-poly edits of the models used in Super Smash Bros. Melee, or what looks to be.

Yes, but that is because 1, it is and early 3ds game. And 2, that game is not made by nintendo, it was made by the porting company called GREZZO, who probably isn't as familiar with the 3DS's hardware. It was just published by Nintendo. (Nintendo hired GREZZO to do OOT 3D as they worked on SS) But if you look at the game Super Mario 3d land, you can see that the model used for Mario looks pretty much the same as in the galaxy games. It just depends on how the company works with the system. (If you look at many Ubisoft games for the 3DS, their graphics are a lot worse then the GC)

Yes, but that is because 1, it is and early 3ds game. And 2, that game is not made by nintendo, it was made by the porting company called GREZZO, who probably isn't as familiar with the 3DS's hardware. It was just published by Nintendo. (Nintendo hired GREZZO to do OOT 3D as they worked on SS) But if you look at the game Super Mario 3d land, you can see that the model used for Mario looks pretty much the same as in the galaxy games. It just depends on how the company works with the system. (If you look at many Ubisoft games for the 3DS, their graphics are a lot worse then the GC)

I'm 100% sure they had to be familiar with the 3DS's hardware, but that's beside the point. What you say is true, it depends on the company that makes the game and the game itself. Just look at games on console, and how different the graphics in some of those games are. The answer to your original question is more than a simple yes or no answer.

It's rare that anyone uses the full potential of a piece of hardware, I doubt we'll see more than a handful that showcase the 3DS' full potential.

That statement is true, a lot of 3ds games look rather horrible when it comes to graphics. But the people who realize the potential of the system can make it look rather impressive.

Posted Image

For example, this game for the 3DS looks like it has about as much power as a standard DS game.

I remember when I saw the first gameplay video of Super Mario Galaxy 1: it looked like a 360 game. But that was due to all of its shiny and glowing effects and the poor video quality that blurred stuff out. Anywho, that had little to do with the topic.

On topic:

I think the 3DS rivals the Wii in graphics. Anyone remember that Kid Iccarus: Uprising trailer? First thing I said when I saw that was, no joke, "Haha, now he has his own Wii game?", then I found out it was for the 3DS. lol

But I'm sorry, no matter how you look at it, it doesn't come close to even rivaling a lot of games on the PS3 and 360. If you were to put those RE games side by side in real life, you would definitely notice which one looks vastly better(hint: 360 or PS3 version).

Also, I am still a firm believer in gameplay making a good game. Just sayin'.

This was sent from Tapatalk. Jelly?

I remember when I saw the first gameplay video of Super Mario Galaxy 1: it looked like a 360 game. But that was due to all of its shiny and glowing effects and the poor video quality that blurred stuff out. Anywho, that had little to do with the topic.

On topic:

I think the 3DS rivals the Wii in graphics. Anyone remember that Kid Iccarus: Uprising trailer? First thing I said when I saw that was, no joke, "Haha, now he has his own Wii game?", then I found out it was for the 3DS. lol

But I'm sorry, no matter how you look at it, it doesn't come close to even rivaling a lot of games on the PS3 and 360. If you were to put those RE games side by side in real life, you would definitely notice which one looks vastly better(hint: 360 or PS3 version).

Also, I am still a firm believer in gameplay making a good game. Just sayin'.

This was sent from Tapatalk. Jelly?

I know, I was just saying that it looks rather impressive for a portable system, and that it isn't 360 or PS3, but it is close enough for at least a comparison.

I'm sorry if this post sounded like I care about graphics more than gameplay, because I also care a lot more about gameplay.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.