A Link to the Past 3D

Pinkie Pie

But Zelda creator Shigeru Miyamoto has other ideas. Earlier this year Miyamoto confirmed that A Link to the Past is the Zelda title he's most interested in revisiting.

"I think A Link To The Past," he responded when asked what game he'd like to see remade for the 3DS. "Do you remember Xevious? It's two-layered and I really wanted to create that at the time. So to see Link to the Past in two layers would be quite attractive for me."

Full story: http://ds.ign.com/articles/121/1212076p1.html

I'd personally love to see ALTTP in OOT 3D style gameplay.

YES!!!! Watching my first Zelda game in the 3D Zelda gameplay would bring a tear to my eyes "sniff "

Although Nintendo will probably keep it in the 2D Zelda format and maybe put it as a downloadable game for the 3D collections in the eShop.

I'm hoping for a more revolutionary approach to a remake. OoT3D was good, don't get me wrong, but converting a 2D Zelda game to full 3D would really be a nice enhancement, I think. ALttP is higher up on the list with my favorite Zelda titles, but for me to consider buying a remake of it, they'd need to really give it some huge improvement.

I'm hoping for a more revolutionary approach to a remake. OoT3D was good, don't get me wrong, but converting a 2D Zelda game to full 3D would really be a nice enhancement, I think. ALttP is higher up on the list with my favorite Zelda titles, but for me to consider buying a remake of it, they'd need to really give it some huge improvement.

I agree, personally I would love to explore the Hyrule of A Like to the Past in a 3rd person perspective rather than a bird's eye-view.

• 2 weeks later...

I want ALTTP with OoT mechanics and styled storytelling.

Imagine Dark World in 3d! It would look like the Twilight Realm on steroids! (errr LSD in this case? :S)

Hopefully they do it in 3d like a console Zelda, and touch up on the plot. The backstory behind the game was really interesting!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.