PETA Targets Mario for Tanooki Abuse

Pinkie Pie

According to one of my friends on DeviantArt, this whole Tanuki frenzy was a joke, a publicity stunt! WTF?!

http://www.reghardwa...ign_was_a_joke/

Yeah, I actually heard that a couple of days ago. But I have two theories about this situation. Either they are telling the truth about it being a joke, or they are just trying to cover up their stupidity by making everyone forget about what they said in the first place :/

I still hope Ninty sue's their ass, what idiot in their right mind would think this was a good idea? There was nothing a joke about their website, they were literally stating, "Nintendo's Mascot Mario kills Tanooki's and skins them". Its not the brightest idea to defame one of the most iconic characters of our time and think there isn't going to be a backlash.

I still hope Ninty sue's their ass, what idiot in their right mind would think this was a good idea? There was nothing a joke about their website, they were literally stating, "Nintendo's Mascot Mario kills Tanooki's and skins them". Its not the brightest idea to defame one of the most iconic characters of our time and think there isn't going to be a backlash.

This isn't the only time they've done this to a video game character before.

If PETA actually thought that what they said about mario was a smart idea to sue nintendo over tanooki abuse, well, DUMB AS ____!!! It's as stupid as suing mario for stomping on turtles.

On a more important note Nintendo doesn't have a leg to stand on. PETA can claim in court that due to the fact it was a joke and a parody of the original mario game they are protected by parody law

It would probably cost more money to be in court to sue PETA than not doing anything at all.

• 5 months later...

"Mario is sending the message that it's OK to wear fur."

"Videogames are sending the message that it is ok to for kids to shoot guns"

Same crap different day my friend. It's all down to the media portraying a subject in a bad light. :(

-Clio

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.