Plan on editing SS, need tips.

Conker

Question

So I am planning on doing small edits to Skyward Sword, but must know if the following is even possible:

1. Replacing Sounds

Since we have much more access to the innards of ISO files than that of an N64 ROM, is it possible? I plan on replacing certain sounds/musical effects with that of Twilight Princess's, to go with a texture mod.

2. Editing Text

Is it possible to go changing lines of text in NPC dialogue/signs/whatever? Just curious, as it could come in handy in the long-run.

3. Creating a Patch

Once all edits are made to the appropriate files, is there an easy way to create a patch that can be easily applied to the ISO? I imagine there is, but then again, I am sort of new to this. Would it be similar to something like Lunar IPS? Or PPF-O-Matix for applying patches? What about for creating the patches?

This must seem like one of those ambitious projects you see noobs on the 3DS Forums dream of making, but unlike them, I am checking what is possible before I proceed. Anywho, look forward to answers. :D

This was sent from Tapatalk. Jelly?

6 answers to this question

Thank you for the help! :D

1. I hope it gets done eventually. :3

2. Awesome. I'll look into it.

3. Sweet, will look into that.

Also, some of that guy's stuff looks pretty cool. Is it for the full game or demo? Or nevermind, I'll just look at more than the screenshots to see. xD

This was sent from Tapatalk. Jelly?

I'm fairly certain patches would be made the exact same way with PPF-O-Matic.

Aaaand, I have no idea how to make patches with PPF-O-Matic to begin with. I still cannot figure it out. :/

But I have to put my texture hack on hold, anyways, because I for the life of me cannot find Link's other face/eye textures and trial textures, or his equipment textures anywhere. So no point in worrying about a patch, I guess. Meh.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.