how do i change the title screen?

luigiisdead

Question

ZLE2 or texture dumping like the others said. If you dump the textures the logo is in pieces. It is not that hard but it is time consuming and you have to split up the new logo into pieces as well.

Something I did awhile back:

Posted Image

I just have no idea how to get rid of the words "The Legend of" and "Ocarina of Time"

MQ Debug ROM, object_mag:

0x000000: ZELDA logo (32-bit RGBA)

0x019000: Nintendo copyrights, two versions (8-bit I? IA?)

0x01A400: MASTER QUEST + Ocarina icon (32-bit RGBA)

0x01E400: Ura triangle icon (32-bit RGBA)

0x01FD00: "Disk" tag (8-bit I? IA?)

0x020000: Logo background (4-bit I? IA?)

0x024C00: "THE LEGEND OF" text (8-bit I? IA?)

0x024E40: "OCARINA OF TIMEâ„¢" text (8-bit I? IA?)

0x025140: "Zelda no Densetsu: Toki no Ocarina" text (8-bit I? IA?)

EOF

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

MQ Debug ROM, object_mag:

0x000000: ZELDA logo (32-bit RGBA)

0x019000: Nintendo copyrights, two versions (8-bit I? IA?)

0x01A400: MASTER QUEST + Ocarina icon (32-bit RGBA)

0x01E400: Ura triangle icon (32-bit RGBA)

0x01FD00: "Disk" tag (8-bit I? IA?)

0x020000: Logo background (4-bit I? IA?)

0x024C00: "THE LEGEND OF" text (8-bit I? IA?)

0x024E40: "OCARINA OF TIMEâ„¢" text (8-bit I? IA?)

0x025140: "Zelda no Densetsu: Toki no Ocarina" text (8-bit I? IA?)

EOF

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

What did you use to export it like that? Most of the time I've found buggy programs from the 90's that barely work nowadays, especially on 64 bit OS's. I even had problems with ZLE2. Not to mention trying to import anything back was a rather pain, while I was reading the list off there, you found the japanese Toki no Okarina text plus the DISK logo that appears during the title screen?

What did you use to export it like that? Most of the time I've found buggy programs from the 90's that barely work nowadays, especially on 64 bit OS's. I even had problems with ZLE2. Not to mention trying to import anything back was a rather pain, while I was reading the list off there, you found the japanese Toki no Okarina text plus the DISK logo that appears during the title screen?

Used an old tool of mine, based on the texture conversion code from OZMAV or OZMAV2; also used it ex. for the SF64 stuff I extracted for the game's TCRF page. Conversion of some formats seems broken, tho... could probably make a new extractor based on SayakaGL's code, which should be working for all texture types.

Used an old tool of mine, based on the texture conversion code from OZMAV or OZMAV2; also used it ex. for the SF64 stuff I extracted for the game's TCRF page. Conversion of some formats seems broken, tho... could probably make a new extractor based on SayakaGL's code, which should be working for all texture types.

If you did, it would greatly help out for extracting/importing things such as the title screen, letters, place tags, maps, menus and icons a lot easier with a tool that actually works correctly. x.x;

Haven't tested it with a N64 ROM yet, but I don't see why it shouldn't work with one. It just opens whatever file you throw it, and tries to load an image from the offset you specify, using the settings you specify. Basically, it couldn't care less what file its given. Thus don't expect the program to decompress Yaz0 or MIO0 blocks, or use OoT's file table or somesuch, that would be overkill - it's a generic tool, not specialized to read Zelda ROMs.

EDIT:

Posted Image

Posted Image

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<N64ImageBookmarkList xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <Bookmarks>
    <N64ImageBookmark>
	  <Name>"ZELDA" logo</Name>
	  <ImageOffset>0</ImageOffset>
	  <PaletteOffset>0</PaletteOffset>
	  <Dimensions>
	    <Width>160</Width>
	    <Height>160</Height>
	  </Dimensions>
	  <Format>RGBA</Format>
	  <Size>B32</Size>
    </N64ImageBookmark>
    <N64ImageBookmark>
	  <Name>Nintendo copyrights</Name>
	  <ImageOffset>102400</ImageOffset>
	  <Dimensions>
	    <Width>160</Width>
	    <Height>32</Height>
	  </Dimensions>
	  <Format>IA</Format>
	  <Size>B8</Size>
    </N64ImageBookmark>
    <N64ImageBookmark>
	  <Name>"MASTER QUEST" logo</Name>
	  <ImageOffset>107520</ImageOffset>
	  <Dimensions>
	    <Width>128</Width>
	    <Height>32</Height>
	  </Dimensions>
	  <Format>RGBA</Format>
	  <Size>B32</Size>
    </N64ImageBookmark>
... ... ...

Edited by xdaniel

I have to say I do find it a bit interesting that they compiled the new title screen file for MQ with the existing DISK tag in it. Also wondering if the program you are working on finds the offsets/file types of the textures in the file you give it or if not, then how did you find all these specific offsets/filetypes?

I just experimented to find them, although there's at least one function in the program that can help with finding textures - the "Next" button right next to the image offset field increases the offset by the size of the current texture, basically jumping to its end. But besides that, there's not much to help with offset finding other than guesswork and experience. Another thing that's helpful in keeping track of offsets, dimensions and types is the bookmark function (what those XML files I posted a snippet of are for), with bookmarks being listed in the top-left combo box. Still needs some polishing, but is pretty usable already.

DO IT XDANIEL. DON'T BELIEVE IN YOURSELF. BELIEVE IN THE hnbfg;basg I'm really tired and telling you to do it because Riggy said so. </puppet>

Seriously, I like the idea of a tool like this. I never really figured out how to use ZLE2 to dump and overwrite textures, so a tool tiered for the job would be really nice.

DO IT XDANIEL. DON'T BELIEVE IN YOURSELF. BELIEVE IN THE hnbfg;basg I'm really tired and telling you to do it because Riggy said so. </puppet>

Seriously, I like the idea of a tool like this. I never really figured out how to use ZLE2 to dump and overwrite textures, so a tool tiered for the job would be really nice.

Not to mention all texture replacing programs available online don't work for 64 bit systems -.-

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.