Link's Voice, or any other sound for that matter?

SanguinettiMods

Question

Does anyone have any information on this format whatsoever and could help me with editing it?

I've hypothesized that it's some variation of the .wav file, but I can't be for certain. The only reason I don't think it's a MIDI is because I think it'd be slightly hard to make a MIDI scream.

Either way, does anyone know any sort of format or documentation/information that would be helpful for me?

11 answers to this question

The format is VADPCM. Samples will never be in a MIDI format because MIDI contains only sequencing data.

I don't think there's a way to properly edit the samples yet though, you'd probably have to get them as wave files first and then convert back to VADPCM after editing, and that doesn't give very nice results.

You might want to take a look at this tool though:

http://www.goldeneye...file.php?id=212

The format is VADPCM. Samples will never be in a MIDI format because MIDI contains only sequencing data.

I don't think there's a way to properly edit the samples yet though, you'd probably have to get them as wave files first and then convert back to VADPCM after editing, and that doesn't give very nice results.

You might want to take a look at this tool though:

http://www.goldeneye...file.php?id=212

Whoa! I did not know something like that even existed. D:

Now I can stop hopelessly searching for an archive of OoT/MM soundeffect rips on the internet. Thanks for the link! :)

Thanks for finding this. Although Does it do much more than export .wav files? :)

Also, the .wav files are -really- high pitched. :)

I think you can import sounds with it but it might not work for the Zelda games.

To correct the pitch you need to change the sample rate to whatever the original samples were using, probably 22050 Hz or lower.

I think you can import sounds with it but it might not work for the Zelda games.

To correct the pitch you need to change the sample rate to whatever the original samples were using, probably 22050 Hz or lower.

For things like Instruments from sets and Link's voice, it sounds like 20000 Is correct.

Other sound like 16000 is correct.

EDIT: You wouldn't happen to have a wav 2 vADPCM tool, would you? I don't see anything that can convert a new .wav.

The RWP link is just an older version of the tool, I should update it. I do support encoding to the VADPCM format...but the sound format of Zelda I do not support reencoding the banks, only N64Wavetables V1, V2, CtlTbls, and CtlTbls (Acclaim). I do not support EAD which is what Zelda is. I'd love for someone to take the source and add it though. Also sound Bank 0 inexplicably doesn't sound right.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.