Fan soundtracks you may, or may not have heard of.

Conker

I decided to make this topic, as I've ran across some pretty damn impressive stuff on the internet made by fans, and some of it may have slipped under the radar which I will not allow. Anyways, these are videogame soundtracks, just to clarify:

Metroid: Harmony of a Hunter

http://www.shinesparkers.net/harmonyofahunter/index.htm

Harmony of a Hunter is an album created to mark the twenty fifth anniversary of the Metroid franchise. A vast number of people contributed to this project to celebrate and mark this historic franchise, which includes music from the original NES Metroid through Metroid: Other M for the Nintendo Wii. The album features a diverse range of talented individuals covering a variety of genres which we hope will appeal to many musical tastes.

We hope that Harmony of a Hunter will be a fitting tribute to this wonderful series.

As you can see, these people and the ones who contributed took more of an initiative to celebrate Metroid's 25th anniversary than Nintendo themselves, which I am very happy about. It's an amazing soundtrack, and I recommend everyone here to download it.

25YEARLEGEND

http://zelda25.ocremix.org/

25YEARLEGEND was started by Rekcahdam as a small indie session, but quickly grew into a massive project with the help of all the indie artists involved. Each featured composer has worked on a notable project in the indie game community while being influenced by the music of Zelda some time in their lives. Hopefully this project will make the 25th anniversary of Zelda that much more enjoyable!

25YEARLEGEND makes for a great contribution for the year-long celebration of The Legend of Zelda's 25th anniversary, and I recommend you guys give it a look. As for me, I personally have not listened to it too much, but I am going to play it safe and assume it's amazing.

ZREO - Zelda Reorchestrated

http://www.zreomusic.com/

At Zelda Reorchestrated, we are committed to lush symphonic performances of the greatest songs from The Legend of Zeldaâ„¢ as they would have sounded with the warm halls and intimate expression of a live philharmonic. We do not seek profit or fame. We simply love Zelda and wish to share its inspiration on all of us with all of you.

ZREO is a group that makes absolutely stunning reorchestrations of songs from almost every Zelda game as of yet. They have multiple albums, for almost every game in the series. Their music comes highly recommended for not just a Zelda fan, but a fan of orchestrated music all-together. Do yourself a favor, and visit their website.

FamilyJules7X

http://www.youtube.com/FamilyJules7X

What's up Internet People!

My name's Jules and I'm a 20 year old guitarist from Western Massachusetts, USA. This channel is all about making your favorite video game songs come alive in metal, hard rock, ska, jazz and other genres!

Look, let me tell you, and tell you right now, that this guy's stuff is AMAZING. I am not lying when I say that. This guy really knows his stuff, and as his channel says, makes your favorite video game songs come alive in many genres. I seriously, seriously recommend you to listen to his stuff, like now. He even provides downloads for every cover he's ever done.

Essence of Lime

http://essenceoflime.revasser.net/

Essence of Lime is a remix album covering the soundtrack to The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages. The project was originally a one-man endeavor that evolved into a community project. Having been introduced to the Zelda series through Oracle of Ages, I noticed the lack of Oracle remixes and decided to take on a solo remix project in early 2008. I planned to remix Oracle of Ages' entire soundtrack by myself, assuming there would not be enough interest to organize a full-fledged project. After receiving several unexpected offers to help out, I opened the project as an unofficial community album with headquarters at OverClocked ReMix. I am deeply grateful to everyone who helped me tackle the project despite its unofficial status; this would have never been finished without them.

With 42 tracks by 17 remixers, the album contains over two hours of music. Seasons fans, you'll have to forgive the fact that tracks from Oracle of Seasons have only been included if they appeared in both Oracles. I hope you'll be satisfied to hear that we haven't forgotten Seasons, and we have some exciting things planned for it in the future. For now, I present a complete album for Oracle of Ages. Enjoy it, or else.

- Hylian Lemon, project director

Judging by the tracks inside, and how awesome they sound, Essence of Lime is something everyone should have in their music library. Go on, folks! Get it now.

Well, this is all I have for now. If I ever stumble across more, you will be sure to see it here. Have a good day, folks! :)

Essence of Lime

Essence of Lime is a remix album covering the soundtrack to The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages. The project was originally a one-man endeavor that evolved into a community project. Having been introduced to the Zelda series through Oracle of Ages, I noticed the lack of Oracle remixes and decided to take on a solo remix project in early 2008. I planned to remix Oracle of Ages' entire soundtrack by myself, assuming there would not be enough interest to organize a full-fledged project. After receiving several unexpected offers to help out, I opened the project as an unofficial community album with headquarters at OverClocked ReMix. I am deeply grateful to everyone who helped me tackle the project despite its unofficial status; this would have never been finished without them.

With 42 tracks by 17 remixers, the album contains over two hours of music. Seasons fans, you'll have to forgive the fact that tracks from Oracle of Seasons have only been included if they appeared in both Oracles. I hope you'll be satisfied to hear that we haven't forgotten Seasons, and we have some exciting things planned for it in the future. For now, I present a complete album for Oracle of Ages. Enjoy it, or else.

- Hylian Lemon, project director

http://essenceoflime.revasser.net/

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.