Light Temple MOD: Open Source?

Jason777

It's obvious that I'm getting nowhere with my Light Temple project... so it's being scrapped. The question is, should I make it open source as well as releasing a text document with all my ideas I had planned?

Creation of the project: CLICK ME

Pictures:

December 23, 2011 EDIT: The poll is over-- the project and all its files are now open to the public:

http://www.mediafire...k5mv22u2kcxlofq

Edited by Jason777

I hate myself for nitpicking but why are you saying it 'MOD'? Why not just mod? When I see ALLCAPS I think it is either yelling or an acronym - an acronym in this case.

/rant

Anyways you should (if you haven't already) organize all the files and document everything you've done so it is easy to share by whatever means you end up deciding. I sure do hope you finish this modification.

I hate myself for nitpicking but why are you saying it 'MOD'? Why not just mod? When I see ALLCAPS I think it is either yelling or an acronym - an acronym in this case.

/rant

Anyways you should (if you haven't already) organize all the files and document everything you've done so it is easy to share by whatever means you end up deciding. I sure do hope you finish this modification.

Yeah, I see where you're coming from with the whole "MOD" capitalization; I guess I've just had that title for so long (year and a half) that it's kind of become a habit only with that title.

And I have had the files organized amd changes documented since I started the project because I've always planned to release all the files regardless of whether it was finished or not.

Also, a sidenote to everyone: if released, the two map models can only be imported with Obj2Area (I use r2 still); SharpOcarina has caused the map to crash, at least for me.

₪ Jason777'" data-cid="16436" data-time="1324388583">

Also, a sidenote to everyone: if released, the two map models can only be imported with Obj2Area (I use r2 still); SharpOcarina has caused the map to crash, at least for me.

That won't be a problem, I guarantee this can be fixed.

I've worked extensively with maps originally designed for Obj2Area, a few of which didn't work with SharpOcarina by default. So, I've developed a process for getting anything that works in Obj2Area to work in SharpOcarina.

It would be interesting to see if the map would look any better if imported with SharpOcarina... Anyways, the votes seem to be headed towards "Yes."

NOTE: I will be heading out of town on Saturday Morning so the poll will conclude on Friday afternoon and you will probably see all the files for download that same night.

Just so you guys know, other members from the Glitchkill forums are also participating in this poll. Another thing, one of them asked me what was left to do... so I gave him this list:

• Fix the warp from Chamber of Sages to Triforce Area and fix the warp from Triforce Area to credits.
  • Get the hack I made in C to actually compile (along with its hook), thoroughly bugtest it, and make any necessary changes.
  • Fill both the Light Temple and Trial of Sages with enemies and puzzles.
  • Create three area textures which load up when you enter a scene which are for the Light Temple, Trial of Sages (area where the Sword of Sages in held), and the Sky's Keep (area where the Triforce is held).
  • Create an item icon texture for the Sword of Sages that replaces the Biggoron's Sword
  • Make necessary changes to the Exit Table to connect all the maps.
  • Make necessary changes to the Scene Table to load up the new area textures.

And here are things that I don't have to do but would be pretty interesting:

• Perhaps try to make a custom boss. I doubt it, though.
  • Modify the title screen to replace "Master Quest" with "The Legendary Light."
  • Insert some custom music for the Trial of Sages and the Light Temple.

^^ Don't get me wrong, though; I have a dungeon design thoroughly planned out, written on paper, and scanned for both maps.

Edited by Jason777

Sorry for a triple post.

Forget the readme, I realize that most of the stuff within the project folder wouldn't make sense no matter how much detail I put into it... Anyways, here you go:

http://www.mediafire...k5mv22u2kcxlofq

Things you should know about the "modified" areas: every area was only modified to the point so that the Adult trading sequence for the Biggoron's Sword was cut out. The same thing goes for the text modifications.

I realize that me releasing these files means that I can no longer influence the project in the way that I want so I didn't bother including dungeon plans and room/level descriptions and purposes. I wish I could have finished this modification for you guys... Enjoy, I guess.

Truly a shame, this would have been one of the most comprehensive dungeon mods released to date, along with a fully custom weapon. I have high hopes and well wishes for anyone who might take up the remnants of this project. Custom dungeons are one of my favorite aspects of Zelda modding.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.